The Wittenberg Matzoh Co
Date of Death:
Thu. April 1, 1937 -
Anyone with biographical information is asked to please send it in.
See CONTACT page for details. Thank you.
Directions to Kever:
The Wittenberg Matzoh Co located at 1326 S Jefferson Street in Chicago, was founded c.1885 by Levy Wittenberg. It operated for many years under the Eat More Matzoh brad producing thousands of pounds of Matzoh each year. Eventually, it was put out of business by the ever modernizing Manischewitz Matzoh Bakery. In the early years, the kosher for Passover operation took place on the upper floors of the bakery. However, as they expanded Matzoh production was moved around the corner to Maxwell Street.
Photo Caption: At the Maxwell Street oven plant, 1937, Credit: IFJCAH
Note: Please help us identify the people in the picture.
Photo Caption: The Wittenberg Matzoh Co c. 1919, Credit: Mildred Wittenberg Malin
Photo Caption: Hyman Wittenberg, Source: The Sentinel, 1922
« Previous: Warsaw Ghetto Matzah BakeryNext: Rabbi Noach Rosenthal »